- You see yourself as a solution crafter. You like to bend your mind to not only find the answer to a riddle, but also the most elegant.
- You like to be under pressure from time to time, let’s say when the time is short and the stakes are high. But you also appreciate to be given time to think and perfect your skills when nothing is on fire.
- You don’t like to feel like a big fish in a small pond, and want to learn and grow your skills continuously.
- ou wish there was a place that would respect who you are and support you and your quirks, rather than turn you into a “presentable” cog.
- You care about others, and want your work to profit not only you, but cascade back to the community.
- You sometimes go to bed with your brain firing all cylinders on a problem to crack, only to wake up in the middle of the night screaming “eureka” (unless it’s under your shower the next day).
- You take pride in your skills, and enjoy sharing your experiences with others. Teaching is (or is becoming) a part of your life.
- You are accountable and dependable, and you never take things for granted.
Why we need you
We want you to write code that will enable others, not only because of the features, but also because the quality will set the bar. Strong IT background, topped with several years of experience with various codebases in various environments.
We need you to mentor less experienced developers, show them the strings, and make them grow. You will need patience and determination. Not being afraid of repeating yourself is a plus.
We need you to be the captain of the boat when it hits an iceberg. Being able to assess the situation and take the best actions to limit the damage. Requires experience, cold blood and strong leadership.
Your work conditions
We encourage our people to work from home, so you must be comfortable with this idea: you will usually work 2-3 days on site and 2-3 days from home, depending on the project needs.
You will be provided with everything you need for your job:
- laptop of your choice (though we prefer Mac)
- cell phone with data plan
- paid transportation and hotel in case of travel abroad (however unusual)
- everything needed to furnish your home office
- 13th and 14th month
- paid public transportation
- eco cheques
Extra-legal perks include:
- 10 days of extra-legal paid leave
- 5 days paid to work on your personal projects
- (very) flexible working hours
- paid professional training (technology, security, French/English/Dutch)
- paid trips to tech conferences
- flat company structure, no managers, everyone can have their say
- healthcare insurance
- meal vouchers
What we require (in order of importance)
- you have a strong understanding of what you do, and why you do it
- you know how to express your opinion while remaining well mannered
- we are Python specialists, you can justify of at least 3 years of daily Python usage for writing software applications used in production (not “as a scripting language”, “for data engineering/data pipelines/machine learning models”, “as part of a PhD thesis”)
- you are proficient with POSIX systems (Linux, OSX), as well as Windows
- your are fluent in English
- contributing to an open-source project is definitely a plus
- you have several years of experience with multiple programming languages
- you enjoy being challenged and build non-conventional systems
- knowledge of French or Dutch is also nice to have
How to apply
Applications are limited to EU citizens, or holders of a European Blue Card.
Send your CV, preferably in PDF format, at [email protected].
No need to send a separate cover letter as attachment, you can put it in your email body.
Recruiters / agencies / freelancers: we appreciate your interest, but we are not interested in your services.