- You see yourself as a solution crafter. You like to bend your mind to not only find the answer to a riddle, but also the most elegant.
- You like to be under pressure from time to time, let’s say when the time is short and the stakes are high. But you also appreciate to be given time to think and perfect your skills when nothing is on fire.
- You don’t like to feel like a big fish in a small pond, and want to learn and grow your skills continuously.
- You wish there was a place that would respect who you are and support you and your quirks, rather than turn you into a “presentable” cog.
- You care about others, and want your work to profit not only you, but cascade back to the community.
- You sometimes go to bed with your brain firing on all cylinders on a problem to crack, only to wake up in the middle of the night screaming “eureka” (unless it’s under your shower the next day).
- You take pride in your skills, and enjoy sharing your experiences with others.
- You are accountable and dependable, and you never take things for granted.
Why we need you
Adimian is a major consultancy in scientific and engineering-related software development. We work for large corporations, banks, tech start-ups, European bodies, …
As part of our team, you will be working on projects requiring focus and attention to detail, directly making a difference for thousands of people. No two projects are the same or require the same skillset, so be prepared to be learning all the time: large-scale ETL, distributed systems, buildling application frameworks, …
We will guide you through industry best practices, how to build resilient software, and how to be a good team player. You will be exposed to many different aspects of engineering, security, networking, architecture, … and we hope you will enjoy it as much as we do!
You will be paired with a more experienced team member who will always be there for you in case of doubt, but the rest is up to you.
Will you take on the challenge and turn your next project into a success?
Thanks to our strong engineering culture, working at Adimian is a fast-track for your career, you will be improving your craft in no time!
Your work conditions
We encourage our people to work from home, so you must be comfortable with this idea: you will usually work 2-3 days on site at customers, and 2-3 days from home, depending on the project needs.
You will be provided with everything you need for your job:
- laptop of your choice (though we prefer Mac)
- cell phone with data plan
- paid transportation and hotel in case of travel abroad (however unusual)
- you-name-it tech gadgets
- 13th and 14th month
- paid public transportation
- eco cheques
Extra-legal perks include:
- 10 days of extra-legal paid leave
- (very) flexible working hours
- paid professional training (technology, security, French/English/Dutch)
- paid trips to tech conferences
- flat company structure, no managers, everyone can have their say
- healthcare insurance
- meal vouchers
What we are looking for
- you are fluent in English
- good knowledge of algorithms and data structures (an Computer Science degree is not absolutely required, but recommended)
- you have actual experience with writing software applications using Python, C, JavScript or Java (more is better), bonus points if it’s open-source
- you know the theory and how to use a relational database
- you are a unix/linux power user
- you have experience with git
Icing on the cake
- you know about networking, embedded systems, security, containers
- you enjoy doing front-end work from time to time
- you build your own side-projects or you contribute to open-source projects
- you have good writing skills
- you are curious and like to share your findings
- you are ambitious, want to learn and grow fast
- you are friendly and have a good sense of humor
How to apply
Adimian is an equal opportunity employer, and applications from less-represented groups will be reviewed with utmost attention.
Applications are limited to EU citizens. Applicants should be legally residing in Belgium, or willing to immediately relocate to Belgium.
Unfortunately, no financial relocation assistance can be provided.
Send your CV in PDF format, at [email protected].
No need to send a separate cover letter as attachment, you can put it in your email body.
Recruiters / agencies / freelancers: we appreciate your interest, but we are not interested in your services.