Andrew is a software engineer with a strong focus on technical product management. He has experience across a broad range of embedded and business systems, and has designed and shipped products in a variety of languages. Some examples include:
- a React-Redux SPA with an asynchronous optimiser;
- an Eclipse RCP desktop application for parsing machine-to-machine industrial protocols (I'm looking at you J1939!);
- a Python/Django software product to analyse and optimise the use of labour in a large Zambian copper mine;
- optimisations, bug-fixes and improvements in C to embedded Wi-Fi drivers to improve client roaming for mine automation;
- the core co-ordination and wireless communications in a proximity detection system.
- a Python tool for sniffing 802.15.4 packets
- Python expert
- Systems analysis, design and architecture
- Modern development practices (TDD, CI, Agility)
- Software craftsmanship (packaging, quality, deployment, sysadmin)
- Wireless and decentralised systems
Andrew hails from sunny Australia. He enjoys more things than there is time for him to do and he always has many projects on the go, whether it is making bread, planning a cycling tour, surfing, learning guitar, tinkering with an Arduino, playing a sport or sampling more fine Belgian beers!